Cliff Bungalow is an inner city residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. Centered along 5 Street SW, it is bordered by Elbow River to the south, by Uptown 17th Avenue to the north and by Fourth Street to the east.
Cliff Bungalow was developed on land owned by the Canadian Pacific Railway in the 1870s. It was mainly populated by CPR employees, due to the convenient distance from the district to CPR headquarters and railyards. The area was gradually annexed to the City of Calgary between 1906 and 1912. Cliff Bungalow was established in 1907 although the name “Cliff Bungalow” would not be applied until the 1970s. It was re-zoned in 1935 to allow for denser residential buildings.